Wednesday 31 January 2018

OUGD603 - Collaborative blog - Initial logo ideas

To begin the process of designing the logo I looked at a range of visual connotations of so-so to influence my thoughts when designing. The connotations were a mix with the kids game show 50-50 both making myself and Luke think of so-so. Other influences were typical links to the saying with images of straight faces and uncertainty.




























I also furthered research into mastheads on blogs to see how logos of blogs feature. A majority of logos are simple allowing the content take centre stage so this was something to bear in mind when approaching the designs.




























The logos range in style and legibilty but all communicate the core of blog. In some ideas you can see a mix of both Space Mono and Baskerville which are both respectively myself and Luke's favourite typefaces. These ideas blend appreciations and styles into one identity which the blog also does. I also liked the idea of playing with platforms and levels, relating to how the blog is a platform representing us. In some ideas you can see hyphens and dashes joining characters, I liked the thought of the hyphens representing a platform or something that is in between two people. Some logos have been obscured but are still created with the same characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment