Friday 30 September 2016

OUGD504 - Study task 01 - A-Z Type in context presentation - Feedback

Following on from the presentation,  thanks to my peers feedback I was able to reflect on my pictures and consider possible ways in which I could put these images into context. In the presentation I touched upon that Avenir resembled Amsterdam in terms of type but the images I shot didn't include Avenir, my peers noticed that in fact my pictures were design focused in terms of places and areas in the city.
Another point they made was my images didn't resemble the Amsterdam they know, typically speaking they associate the red light district and cannabis with Amsterdam but an older generation would say differently, for example bikes and canals. My images show a design city which some younger people may be oblivious too but others not. This was valuable piece of feedback as it it made me contemplate this point as a context point for my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment