Friday 4 December 2015

OUGD404
Study Task 07
What is a book? Folds






































In this study task we began to look at folding and what we may design for studio brief 01, to help my development in this studio brief I looked online at different folds found within publications.































This example of a publication shows how complex some folds can be, this publication seems to be a posterzine but is made unique due to its intricate folds that almost remind of origami. In my own publication I hope to introduce some intricate folds.


























This is just a simple fold but I find it very effective and could possibly use something similar in my own publication design. I like how the fold exposes the content on the page behind it, the titling is situated on the fold which instantly draws the viewers eye. 

For the study task we had produce an A4 black and white guide to producing a folded publication, I decided to design my guide on the Duelling 'Z' Fold. 


























This study task has helped me realise how important folds can be in publication design and how many folds can actually be applied to a an A4 piece of paper. Now that I've looked at numerous folds, I'm eager to choose a particular fold style to use in my own publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment