Friday 13 October 2017

OUGD603 - Grainger Market identity - Visit imagery

As a part of primary research I visited the market to gather inspiration on signage, architecture, patterns, textures and anything that may influence the identity. But also I visited to gain a feel for the space and how an identity could be deployed within. In general the market is swamped in a mix typography, ranging from traditional hand rendered lettering to more industrial influenced sans serif typefaces. While walking around I made sure to capture as much I could, which could later influence my thoughts on logos and type choices for the identity. Although the space is a mix of colour, one element which stood out instantly was the colours used within the building, which are green and red.

I've walked through the Grainger Market many times before but this research was worth the while as it definitely influenced thoughts and ideas surrounding the market, on how to represent the spirit and audience of the space.





No comments:

Post a Comment