Monday 16 November 2015

OUGD403
Evaluation

To conclude I feel that my final resolution is successful in terms of achieving my aims and also referring back to what the brief was asking. My typeface is bespoke and achieved the style I was aiming for and effectively communicated light in an efficient and modern way. The feedback critiques have helped me realise that my design has hit its aims and objectives with people commenting on key aspects of the design. I'm very pleased about the positive and negative feedback I received during the last critique because I always find it helpful and motivational to receive feedback on my own work, the feedback pointed out key aspects that maybe If I asked for feedback earlier on in the brief I could of improved on earlier. Even though a few people mentioned the design behind the 's' and 'z', I wish I truly justified the reasoning behind these characters during the crit, but this is a lesson to be learnt in future briefs.

Overall I've really enjoyed this brief, before I started the brief I'd never designed a typeface before or even knew any knowledge of typography, so one of my personal aims was to finish the brief with a new understanding of typography, the history. the pioneers and the terminology. Now that this brief is finished I can confidently say I've learnt key rules and definitions of typography, I can confidently talk about the anatomy of type thanks to this brief. Ive learnt ways in which I can improve in future briefs, for example not rushing into design decisions and ideas, by doing this it enables me to think more about the briefs and my ideas. Finally when I started the brief I set personal aims of designing a typeface that had a strong theme and related to my given adjective. I believe I've reached this aim, the theme was to have an efficient, modern and consistent typeface that communicates light and judging from the feedback I received I achieved that, so I'm happy i was able to reach that aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment