Sunday 1 November 2015

OUGD403
Studio Brief 02
Adjective meaning 

The adjective which I randomly chose was 'Light', so in this blog post I just want to expand more on the meaning of the word and what I could possibly do to communicate this through letterforms. 

Definitions:

-The natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible.
-Provide with light or lighting; illuminate.
-(of a colour) pale.
-Of little weight; not heavy.

Synonyms:

-Clear
-Glowing
-Aglow
-Vivid

The word light can refer to a number of meanings for instance natural light, weight or colour. So if i’m to effectively communicate my given adjective I need to decided upon one of the meanings or incorporate all them within the design of the typeface. Personally when I think of ‘light’, pale colours,calmness, weightless and modern come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment