Wednesday 28 October 2015

Illustrator Workshop

This workshop was focusing on learning on how to import your own work into the software and using the pen tool and image trace from there. Even though I was aware of the skills being taught, the workshop was helpful as it was relevant to the current brief which is typeface design. For one of the tasks we had to use the pen tool to illustrate over each letter to digitalise them. 

















The task was rather simple but once I completed it, I took it further by changing the line style and weight to achieve a style I thought was similar the one Peter Saville achieved for a Lacoste project. 






















Once the class had a basic grasp of tracing over work etc, we were able to transform some of our own work into digital vectors. I decided to do a small sketch of the architecture of LCA.




No comments:

Post a Comment