Sunday 25 October 2015

OUGD403
Study brief 01
Feedback & Evaluation

'Is the logo appropriate for all ages" was the first question I asked the crit group, for this question I received mixed feedback,some of the points I received were:

"I feel as if its too complicated"
"Its fun but maybe for boys"
"bold and fun,easy to read"
"The final design is quite playful and bold therefore I believe it is associable for different target audiences"

The evaluation of this point was helpful as it pointed out the key characteristics of the design I was aiming for which was clear and bold. I'm glad that this positive feedback was received as it was a aim but other comments claimed that the design was complicated, I can take this on board to make the logo even better but I wasn't entirely certain about what this point meant because was it too bold? hard to read? Receiving feedback at the end of the project is always helpful but its shown me I need to start asking for more feedback during the project.

The second question I asked was "What other colours could I include in the design" I mainly used red and black for the colours but I was interested in knowing which other colours could have worked, when I was doing research for this brief I looked at the Thai flag and the colours associated with Thailand but I never pursued using some of the colours, primarily blue. So it was no surprise in my feedback that people commented saying incorporate blue. Here is some of the feedback I received:

"Red relates to food well so it is easily recognisable"
"Use a pale blue or orange perhaps"

The final question I asked was "Is the logo clear enough? And where would it look best?" the replies were:

"look is very clean and would look best as signage"
"Very unique and stand out piece of type"
"I like the logo in your development with the word 'thai' in small more. The first two I didn't recognise as an oriental style font because the letter ZAAP didn't present the theme very well on their own"

The reason I asked this question is because I was curious to know where people would think the logo would look best considering its a bold logo. Personally I think the logo would look best as a store sign and maybe not as a app logo.This was backed up in the crit as members of the class also believed the logo would look better in store, on menus etc rather than online.

No comments:

Post a Comment