Wednesday 30 March 2016

OUGD404
Studio Brief 02
Stock & Binding considerations

Considering stock and binding options is a big design process decision in this brief because Ive been encouraged to explore various types of stock in design principles and also learnt bookbinding stitches. I found the best place to view stock was using the G.F Smith website as it let me view the wide range it offers along with its specifications. From initial ideas I knew I wanted clean white stock for the main part of the publication but maybe for the cover, variations of greys or black would be most suitable.

























Ice White would be suitable because it'll help the photography stand out more in the publication, the stock choice will effect the figure and ground on each spread as it'll effect recognising objects on each spread, a basic stock will attract less attention than say a fluorescent colour would. As I stated in my initial concept thoughts, I wanted the publication to have a high end fashion / lifestyle feel to it and this would be achieved through clean white stock I believe.



The image above shows a pamphlet stitch, which I think would be the most suitable for my publication considering how the spread will be presented. Out of the three stitches I've learnt, this is the most simple yet the one which I find the most aesthetically pleasing as a more traditional Japanese stitch which I learnt wouldn't suit the style I'm trying to achieve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment