Wednesday 2 March 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 01
Idea development

This development started from this initial sketch which focused on lyrics and communicating freedom. The idea quickly developed into something different with the zig zag design turning into a technicolored lines. The type remained the same, but later in development the type influenced the lines. 'Say what you want' communicates freedom so the idea of chaos influences the design too.









































At first I used the initial idea of the zig zag lines as seen above but I believed they don't resemble chaos, the design needed to combine 'freedom' and 'chaos' to communicate the track.






































I made the lines appear like a scribble to show chaos, I think the technicolour lines also link with 'wear bright clothes' lyric so a majority of my ideas link together. The type is a Monotype typeface named 'Scene', I thought it was appropriate to use one of the judges typefaces but I think the type works well especially in lowercase. I wanted to use a serif typeface as I thought a sans serif would be too bold and distract from the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment