Friday 17 November 2017

OUGD603 - Grainger Market identity - Final guide developments and production

The final design was chose due to it having variety in type and image, and less of a rigid feel. I wanted something that is both classic and contemporary and open to the overall system already in play. Once the final design was finalised for the guide it was time to select a stock choice suitable. Already having a brand guideline made this process quick and effortless as it narrowed down the options. I deemed the lighter green from the colour palette the most worthy and luckily it is similar to the G.F Smith's Powder Green therefore I used this stock.






























The lowest weight the stock comes in is 135gsm, so I had to use this weight. I experimented with the weight and applied an accordion fold to see how it functions. Although, a majority of the guides I looked at for inspiration were a lower gsm I had no other option but to use 135gsm.




























I also tested the stock using a G.F Smith sample download to see how if the stock is suitable for the guide.

A number of test runs were undertook using standard 90gsm cartridge paper to see how the final design looked when printed. I deemed the print runs were sufficient and the guide was ready for print as no other alterations needed to be made.




























The process for the final guide included using the inkjet laser printer and using the manual folding machine which created equal fold on each guide, as well as making the accordion fold more flush with a higher weight stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment