Wednesday 2 May 2018

OUGD603 - Typeface design - Feedback

Gaining feedback on the type at this stage was important as I felt I had been staring at the type for too long. Therefore, I needed a new set of eyes to look at the type, so I asked a number of my peers what they thought of the type to this point. I was concerned that maybe the type looks 'too old' but my peers felt that the sharp angles give it a more slick and contemporary feel. Others felt the fixed width dismisses any old connotation. One factor which people brought up was M,N and B letterforms which make it a unique type with people linking the M to space mono. My peers were also able to see tiny faults with the type which I didn't see such as some strokes being uneven and slabs being different sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment