Tuesday 2 February 2016

OUGD404
Studio Brief 01
Folds, Stock and Binding inspiration























For this studio brief we had to take into consideration the folding, stock and binding and before I decided upon the styling of my publication I wanted to research into the possible finishes I could have. Firstly with folding techniques, I don't intend to use a intricate fold, I would prefer to have a booklet feel rather than a leaflet.


A smart bind can instantly enhance the appearance of a book, if the book has a simple design then the addition of bind like the image above aesthetically makes the design. For my publication I will take into consideration complex binds and I'll further research binding techniques.


























G.F Smith will most likely be used for the stock, they other a wide range of colours which will make my publication professional, I believe the stock choice will be the one of the most important design decisions for the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment