Thursday 19 April 2018

OUGD603 - Left Bank Opera Festival - Development & additional feedback

For development I took my peers feedback on board to emphasise illusion more, and in doing so I was inspired by the famous Italian architect and graphic designer, Franco Grignani. He is best known for black and white graphics, particularly the Woolmark logo but his style is defined by illusion graphics.


Taking influence from Grignani I decided to create spiral shape which would contain the already existing imagery I created. Instead of creating the spiral in adobe software to begin with, I made the spiral with paper then took pictures of it. This allowed a more like life shape but also made it more easier for me to create the shape in illustrator, by simple using a pen tool to create the shapes. 

I then clipping masked the images I previously made into the individual vectors to create the illusion.

Colour and pattern variations were explored due to peer feedback from the previous ideas. 


From here I wanted further feedback on the ideas to this point, so I ran the ideas past Pat during a tutorial. Pat picked out his favourite which is the spiral shape in red but felt I should maybe add more spirals to the composition to make it more intricate. I took this feedback on board and repeated the process of making individuals spirals with paper and photographing them. I then scaled different sized spirals within the composition, but I felt the spirals loose their impact when scaled smaller. 

Peers also agreed with this and felt the stand alone spirals grab your attention more than a collection of spirals do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment