Saturday 7 April 2018

OUGD603 - Research led brief - Layout developments

In development it was a matter of adding content and tweaking the layout and rules as I went along. The grid allowed me to quickly add content first then once content was added, I could make adjustments like ragging, dpi of images etc. The selection of spreads below shows the page templates, as well the flexibility of the grid in use.





























The grid allowed multiple type arrangements in the earlier pages as I could increase the line length for the introduction. This was crucial as I wanted the introduction to flow more than the body copy on the main pages.





























For new chapters I made a template page with the chapter name set in Tuner regular 31pt, this gives the book a feel of progression when reading.




























Some innovations have double page spreads, I deemed it necessary to do this for important innovations or ones which have high impact images which deserve a page of their own.




























The grid allowed me to position images left aligned, right aligned and justified while always remaining unified. I think the structured type arrangements allowed me to experiment with different layout compostions on each spread.






















Small details like having a circle (Japan flag) separating the innovation and the year of release give the book more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment