Thursday 20 October 2016

OUGD504 - Studio brief 01 - Book size idea

Following on from the purchase of the polythene bags, considerations about the size of the book need to be taken. I mocked up three small books which I perfect binded to get a rough idea of shape of the book, the first size was 25cm x 20.5 cm which is the smaller of the two mockups. This size is more square and allows more room between the book and bag at the top but the second size one is closer to A4 so is more flush to the bag. Finally the the last size I experimented with is A4 which fits perfectly with the bag size and makes the bag more compact and durable in my opinion. I asked my peers about their preferred size of the book and a majority said the smaller works better with the bag size but I disagreed as the square layout restricts the layout of my landscape images. Further in the week when I was able to place the mockup book in the bag, I asked for feedback once again and people said the A4 works the best but had concerns whether or not it would fit into bag smoothly if the book was big in page size. I placed roughly 30 A4 sheets into the bag to check if they got caught on the sides of the bag but the sheets slid in perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment