Thursday 27 October 2016

OUGD504 - Studio brief 01 - Final content 

The content chosen for the book will explain why I chose to do this book as well as help give context about what the book is all about. It will start with a quote by John Green the author “Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin" this quote is to introduce the content in an ambiguous manner but plots the idea of a perceived idea of Amsterdam into the viewers mind. Then the content is introduced with a small paragraph stating my concept, 'Amsterdam in a visual sense to many people symbolises Cannabis and the Red Light District. What I shot in the ‘Venice of the North’ is a far cry from that stereotype'. The book then begins showcasing another side of Amsterdam with imagery, as the book goes on the second part is introduced sectioned 'View' this section demonstrates what people think of Amsterdam, backing up the concept of a misinterpreted Amsterdam. 

A selection of peoples views Ive collected:

"Amsterdam is a relaxed place, both law wise and sit around stoned off your face / looking at weird museum stuff kinda place"

"If you ever decide against a wake and bake, you'll discover a whole lot more culture around the city" 

"Amsterdam is a hub for me. I have only stopped briefly en route to another destination. It's a bit of a mystery to me, I've heard a lot but I'm yet to expierence it first hand"

"What comes to mind is drugs and dance"

"A city of culture, nightlife and full of surprises ;) "


"The first time I planned a trip to AMS, it was purely a boozey, very smokey lads holiday. I was aware of the beautiful city scape and richness of design, but I just wanted to get fucked up on green and shrooms and watch my stupid mates fuck prostitutes"

"A laid back city with a rather quaint smelling atmosphere"

"The one sight I can never erase from my mind of Amsterdam is a neon light cannabis leaf" 



No comments:

Post a Comment