Tuesday 25 April 2017

OUGD503 - Studio brief 01 - Display Wizard development

After feedback I decided to choose one idea to further develop and from positive feedback and my own preference it was the third idea with the vivid yellow and counteracting 'Ey up!' and main message. Although people were split upon two ideas, I felt that this idea was more of the final article and didn't require too much change. Another reason for choosing this idea was working with scale, and this idea definitely includes more elements which will engage the viewer more when the design is enlarged to the scale of the banner. In the development of this idea I adjusted minor things such as the logo and alignment of elements but also experimented with the message which my peers recommended to do in last feedback session.


























In the left corner is the logo adjustment and this was done to just tidy the design up but also to make sure I was sticking to the brand guidelines of Leeds College of Art. I found in research that the logo always has to have sufficient space around it and as a general rule use the height of the type to measure the space around the logo. This allows the logo to breathe within space and in my banner design I made sure to fix this.

I experimented with different messages as my peers recommended and all bring a humorous tone to the design but I feel like the content is too long. Its intended to be quick and snappy by supplementing the main message but the addition of more type drags it out. I agree with changing 'hello' to 'hey' as its more suiting to the target audience and is less stern.





























I experimented with the colour of the design by selecting the colour palettes which I felt worked best in the original ideas. With all the variations of colour I feel as though the 'Ey up!' takes center stage and distracts from the main message, compared to the original white, yellow and blue palette which are all flattened with the contrasts helping bringing out the hierachy of importance.



























Following minor changes to the idea I finalised this one as the main banner design to submit to Display Wizard to best represent Leeds College of Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment