Thursday 27 April 2017

OUGD503 - Studio brief 01 - Display Wizard evaluation

To conclude on the Display Wizard brief which I feel is a worthy representation on life at Leeds College of Art, and therefore I have fulfilled one of my personal aims of the brief. To touch more upon my aims for the brief before undertaking it, I felt like the brief would be personal to me as I spend five days a week within the college, so having the chance to reflect the institutes core values from a students perspective was something I looked forward to. And now the brief is completed and submitted to the competition I feel as though I've done the college justice and painted a nice image of life here. Furthermore I am happy on how I executed my ideas, because from a glance this brief may seem dry and maybe doesn't offer the opportunity to express the style of an individual. But nonetheless I was able to showcase work which has a subtle hint of my style, while also having a Leeds College of Art feel to it.

In terms of undertaking this brief and how I managed my time, I did leave the brief for a while which I don't necessarily deem bad. As the time away from the brief allowed me to develop my thoughts about the brief, and without noticing aloud me to further research about what is the social and cultural benefits of studying here. What I can take away from this brief is the experience of working with a larger scale outcome, at times during development I had to question the layout and composition as though it was blown up to real size. Normally during a brief I'd simply be creating something small scale such as a book or poster, therefore its easy to test print the outcome. This brief restricted me to imagine the banner in real size so made me think more about designing for environments and space. From this it made me more enthusiastic about the opportunity to do this type of design, so hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do so in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment