Thursday 20 April 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 01 - Final print

Once I selected the final print I booked a photography studio to take pictures of the print, this was for the module submission but also my Behance. Taking professional standard images of my work is a must at this stage of my practice, as I need to consider my portfolio. Also I remember the OUGD504 submission when a tutor remarked that the quality of our work needed to be a high standard when presented in different formats, whether that be a photoshop mockup or studio imagery.

The final print is a simple and bright look that feels celebratory as its built from bold display type with a strong message. At the heart of the design is three factors, firstly the celebratory message which is shouty but personal to the cinema as it celebrates an accolade the cinema has held since 1914, 'The cosiest cinema in Leeds'. Furthermore 'Long live' indicates that the cinema is still here to this day and will continue providing the people of Leeds a real cinema experience and be a constant, and a regular friendly face in the Hyde Park area. Next is the traditional cinema peg board design which helps elevate the importance of the message. Then finally the application of yellow which is instantly identifiable to the Hyde Park Picture House but also helps contrast the design and brings a warming effect to the poster.





No comments:

Post a Comment