Tuesday 25 April 2017

OUGD503 - Studio brief 01 - Display Wizard development

Now that the main 3x3 banner design was complete I had to then design a smaller roller banner to go along with the main one. This banner has be similar to the first banner in terms of style and message so I felt this was easier process as I was simply replicating the first design but in smaller form.

In the ideas the main message is used but not the body copy which in my opinion would be obsolete in the smaller banner as the aim is to keep it simple. It aims is to support the main banner so it doesn't require much content therefore I felt the smaller banner almost designed itself, as I used the same elements from the original design and the only obstacle was to keep it cohesive as a working pair.






























The two variations I designed only differ through the size of the mosaics. When working in smaller scale while maintaining the same style it required thought into the composition of the two main elements 'Ey up!' and the message therefore I decided that overlaying content wouldn't work like the 3x3 banner design. Therefore I left aligned the content which utilized space while still being simple.

Feedback
Feedback was essential to seeing how the designs worked together and seeing which idea my peers preferred. Everyone agreed that the designs are both consistent and compliment the the 3x3 banner design but the opinion was split again on which one worked best. People thought the larger mosaics were more subtle while people also thought the smaller ones represented the bigger stand design, as one peer commented 'its almost like a condensed version of the bigger design'.


I mulled over the two designs but in the end I thought the best option was the larger mosaic idea as I felt it was more subtle and structured compared to the other idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment