Monday 15 May 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 02 - Idea development

During a final crit of my ideas my peers recommended to maybe use imagery of old people and in particular famous old people. This is because people often don't categories old national treasures under the same labels they do to the general old population. People respect the old famous more therefore the inclusion of famous figures such as Michael Caine, David Attenborough, Hellen Mirren and Judi Dench could potentially make people think otherwise. These are just examples of names my peers recommended to focus on but I think its true that often people look at old celebrities in different light compared to the general population of old people in the UK. For the inclusion of imagery I wanted something simple that would work cohesively with the other two posters. Therefore I adapted images I got from Flickr and made them duotone orange and blue to help them fit into the house style of the posters. I used images of Michael Caine, David Attenborough and Judi Dench in the end and aimed to find impactful portraiture of each which proved hard on Flickr.




























In the first development I added a slogan within a A5 page which similar to the first idea is open to interpretation for anyone to put up the way they want. Even though I decided upon this slogan before this idea I believe it relates in someway to the images used. For example the image shows David Attenborough who at the age of 91 continues to produce documentary films, so it proves age does not hinder his professional performance.

This set of posters is more adaptable than the others as its it'll have separate options with three alternative images to work with. Its similar in content to the second poster but the body copy and logo may differ in position of each poster but it'll remain the same content.

No comments:

Post a Comment