Tuesday 16 May 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 02 - Production

For the production of my outcomes I took advantage of the college facilities by printing before schedule by using the drop in print session, therefore I was on course for my pre planned timeplan. For the production of the posters I printed them A3 matte as this would be best size to take images of the posters in the photography studio. In professional production the posters would be blown up to various sizes depending on where they'd be distributed. One factor to take into consideration is the weight of the stock in professional production as the poster will be put outside. Therefore a durable paper that will not fade in the sun is required and papers with greater weight will hold better against wind and rain, and therefore it will stay as you put it up for a longer time than a thin paper.

For the production of the placards I made the decision to make them small scale for the mockups. As I was originally planning on making them life size, but from researching placard projects on Behance I noticed you don't actually have to make them life size. It's all down to making them look life size in a photography studio by playing with scale.






























































I purchased toffee apple sticks as these are almost miniature versions of the wooden planks used for placards, then simply applied a 14x10cm print over mountboard. From here I cut out the print using a scalpel to create a miniature protest placard.The production process during this brief went smoothly in a small time constraint which was down to being organised and taking advantage of the college facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment