Wednesday 10 May 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 02 - Inspiration

Before I began initial sketches for my ideas I looked examples of graphic design which I felt was influencing my thoughts about the overall visual style of my ideas. All the influences vary but link in the sense that they are clear and bold solutions which I highlighted as key to designing for protest signs.





























This inspiration comes from research as I looked into how signs have been altered to be more appropriate to old age. I looked into Margaret Calverts iconic and ever lasting signage design as its striking but also an example of an 'old age' designer who's work has provided society with countless decades of clear and effective design.



























Another influence came from Colophon foundries extension to the Montefiore type family. The type is loosely based on road signage (specifically within the United Kingdom). With the specimen presenting re-imagined instances of signage, printed in metallic silver, blue, green and black with spot varnish patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment