Monday 15 May 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 02 - Idea development

For initial ideas for the placards I started off in Illustrator as I knew the designs would be simple enough to begin mocking them up. Protest placards have to be straight forward and to the point so only type and the symbol was required. The voice of old people is portrayed through the placards in simple type setting as GT Pressura is bold enough to stand alone, while the colour palette helps contrast the type making them more impactful.
























From feedback I selected four suitable placards to take forward as these were ones my peers believed were the clearest in their message. My peers also noted that they were the ones that 'demanded a response from the viewer' which should be sole aim of a protest placard. As I discovered in research the point in protest placards is to create a visual messages that, together, will show the core issues and values of the movement, and will continue to communicate them throughout the years of work ahead. I feel the placards designed address the issues but also answer the briefs requirements of considering experiences, skills and knowledge of old people.

No comments:

Post a Comment