Monday 5 March 2018

OUGD603 - Photographers identity - Intial promo pack ideas

The promo pack is to contain a majority of the printed material and will be sent to potential employers or practitioners Emma admires. It has to be rigid because it will be most likely be sent in the post yet still be visually pleasing and align with the rest of the identity. When thinking about the promo pack I thought back to how to present Emma as a photographer and her transitional photography style. We both decided that creating something adjustable and modular would allow her identity to fit in with her changing photography style. Therefore, the promo pack which is probably the first contact someone will have with Emma's identity needs to reflect this modular approach to get the point across. For inspiration I looked at standard promo packs which are normally folders which can fit in a A4 envelope. I would rather the promo pack be functional than too intricate, yet I want something you can engage with involved. Personally I would want whoever I'm sending the pack too, to be excited and for them to actually do something with the pack. I looked back over research, such as the stuff I found on still life and how you have complete control over the elements included within a still life set. I found this interesting and thought of ways you could potentially include this within the promo pack. Such as the receiver of the pack being able to interact with the layout and having complete direction of the elements such as post cards etc.

Photobooks inspired my idea also towards the promo pack as I analysed common forms of photobook with an image placed within a debosed frame.























































No comments:

Post a Comment