Wednesday 21 March 2018

OUGD603 - Secret 7 - Screenprinted developments

From feedback and research into punk I knew it was necessary to experiment with the idea in a more traditional manner. Therefore, I stepped away from the screen for the time being and developed the idea with screenprinting. I knew methods of production was one of the key characteristics to any punk piece. I remembered in research, I read that punk artwork reflected the availability of materials so I decided to only use materials that were hanging around the studio. Using scrap pieces of sugar paper and off cuttings from past projects. The decision to make the print one colour was another influence from punk production methods and while screenprinting I didn't fully clean the screen properly a few times, to get a raw and imperfect aesthetic.





No comments:

Post a Comment