Thursday 22 March 2018

OUGD603 - Secret 7 - Final & rationale

From feedback and relevance to the brief and artist I felt it was relevant to submit a screenprinted option as it relates heavily to the punk movement. And also because I originally set out to use traditional methods of production, so I believe i've achieved a goal in that sense. It was just a matter of which screenprint option to submit for Secret 7. Each one is individual in its own way which I really like but I could only submit one. The feedback I received was mixed as it is only a matter of colour and a few misprints which separates them. I thought about which one would stand out on a shelf among other 7 inch covers, and out of the three I'd say the pink and black one does. The pink could actually be mistaken for grey from a distance, so you can get two perspectives of it.



























With the artwork being only one colour print, I thought it should have a subtle use of colour so I picked the pink option to submit to Secret 7.


To accompany the artwork is a short description of the artwork and what inspired it.

I'm Not Down is about not giving up, believing in yourself and not letting anything drag you down or crush your spirits. This is more or less what The Clash were about, fighting the good fight that few others would fight. Therefore, in the artwork I aim to showcase this and in doing so, I want to give off a sense of raw ambition and opposition. Just like I'm Not Down does. 


No comments:

Post a Comment