Saturday 24 March 2018

OUGD603 - Photographers identity - Evaluation

Undertaking this brief has been a enjoyable task as it presented me with numerous issues I'll face in industry. For example dealing with someone else's wishes but also delivering multiple outcomes across both print and digital and handling a budget. I felt designing a coherent identity was the simplest part of this brief but what made it more difficult was thinking about it in the long run, and whether the hand over of the identity will be smooth. Questions such as whether or not the website will be able to be updated sufficiently and will the identity become fragmented over time with different materials, stocks etc. Towards the end of the brief I decided to start putting things in place to allow the identity to last. With simple procedures such as ordering stock for future print runs and showing Emma the basic rules of Cargo Collective for her website. This eased concerns on my behalf about whether or not the identity serves a purpose and functions. I handed over the design files and all assets to allow Emma to update her identity such as CV, whenever she pleases. Personally I really enjoyed this brief as I liked using a decent size budget for a student brief, with Emma giving me free rain for her identity. I knew from the start I wanted to design something simple, and to only give the photographer a platform rather than window dress her identity. With the final pieces I believe I achieve this, and Emma is pleased with her new identity.

Small hiccups that occurred were mainly in production with problems with certain stocks we chose but were able to overcome them, and pick the next best option. Maybe more experimentation in production could have saved us these problems but in terms of time planing, I had to evade experimentation. As a collaboration I felt it worked really well, with communication and decision making made easy through both simply being on the same page throughout the project. Taking each step at the same pace and constantly updating each other of any changes and decisions made.

No comments:

Post a Comment