Monday 28 November 2016

OUGD503 - Studio brief 01 - Idea development

In development of the ideas I decided to choose three idea concepts to take further thanks to the feedback, I chose hierarchy of Maycomb which also links to the theme of social status / equality, the seven items Boo left in the tree and finally the southern USA map. A helpful way to start developing these ideas was looking at other visuals of hierachy for example. Using other examples gave me a starting point for my initial sketches, a majority of the images I looked at were illustrations along with my influences for this brief which were also mainly illustrations such as the 1930s film posters. At this stage I was keen to portray the book in an illustrative style so I went into development with this in mind.









































Initial sketches were to just get a basic understanding of the what the main elements of the cover would be for example the ladders and triangles resemble the social status and hierachy of Maycomb while the small illustrations are of the items found in the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment