Thursday 3 November 2016

OUGD504 - Studio brief 01 - Front cover design

The cover design is just as important as the bag design for my book as it also draws an audience in, I wanted the title to be bold yet ambiguous to the viewer so I kerned the type and placed them close together in lines to achieve a style which is influenced by Experimental Jetset, but has a slight 'tacky' feel to it which I think will attract the target audience. The two covers I designed have different colour schemes, one is plain with black outlined text and the other cover has colours which are often associated with Cannabis and Amsterdam. I was undecided on which design to choose so I asked my peers which one they found the most aesthetically striking, I placed each cover into a the polythene bag and presented them. My peers commented that if the aim is to attract an audience that solely associates Amsterdam with cannabis, than the coloured option is the best as its colourful aesthetic paired with the cannabis leaf symbol draw you to the book. Feedback on the other design was that from afar you cant decipher what it says, I can take a positive from this as it makes the viewer intrigued to see what the book is all about, as the the leaf symbol will initially gain their attention.



















No comments:

Post a Comment