Friday 11 November 2016

OUGD504 - Studio brief 02 - Design for screen brief

Studio brief

The brief: Create an immersive and engaging screen based user experience for a media of my choice, this could include; website, app, streaming service, title sequence, ident's, onscreen graphic overlays, etc.
Before undertaking this brief I should identify the following;

  1. The client
  2. The problem
  3. The target audience
  4. The overarching aim of the project (what are you trying to achieve)
  5. The role of the communications: Deliver a world class digital experience that engages the audience, how can I maximise the potential of digital devices?


Considerations: Must be global — Digital formats are viewed on a global scale, this must inform your approach and design decisions.

Use mixed media — A combination of image, audio and video should be used to communicate your message

Background / Considerations

In identifying and developing your outcome the production decisions should inform, direct and enhance your overall design treatment. You should consider the following:

  1. The processes and procedures involved in designing for screen.
  2. The relationship between designer and developer.
  3. The role and skill set of the developer (and where you would find a developer to work with)
  4. Research - what already exists in the design field, how innovative can you be
  5. These considerations should be documented on your blog and design boards.
Mandatory Requirements


  1. To show a good understanding of design for screen through documented and ongoing design and development.
  2. My content should demonstrate an understanding of design for screen, which includes but is not restricted to layouts, usability, and designing for my audience.
  3. My finished product should show an understanding of the role of a graphic designer in screen-based delivery, as well as demonstrating industry standard requirements.
  4. Correct labelling of my work on my blog is essential.  Failure to organise my work clearly will affect the assessment of my work.
Deliverables

  1. Blog
  2. Detailed wireframes/prototypes and mockups
  3. Where possible working/animated/navigable prototypes
  4. Design boards and blog posts, which articulate a thorough and informed approach to the brief. These must include; clearly written/interpreted brief, research, idea generation, development, and production.

Interpretations of the brief

At this stage of my practice digital design isn't something that interests me even though before this degree I studied on a prominently digital design based course, but now I don't see myself focusing on it. The brief is open, with myself setting the specific brief so I can make the most of this brief by relating it to my own interests.

Personal Aims

A personal aim for this brief is to learn more about digital design on a basic level but also to reengage with After Effects as this is a software I consider a part of my skillset.


No comments:

Post a Comment