Thursday 3 November 2016

OUGD503 - Studio brief 01 - Intro / Live competition 


For responsive I need to identify and respond to a range of competition briefs that reflect my emerging creative interests and professional ambitions within Graphic Design. I will need to select one main brief that will become the focus of the taught sessions and studio workshops for the duration of the first part of this module.
In addition to this I will need to select a number of smaller/quicker briefs that will allow me to demonstrate my ability to develop effective responses within professionally realistic deadlines
When selecting and responding to briefs I will need to consider the following:

  • How do I balance what I want to do, design or produce with what the brief requires?
  • Do the briefs offer enough breadth and scope for the development of a range of responses whilst at the same time allowing me to focus your practice?
  • What are the realistic timescales for completing the brief? Am I working to these?
  • Have I clearly identified what the problem is before I start?
  • Where is the challenge in the brief and what will I get out of doing it?
  • What do you need to present and how will I present it?

No comments:

Post a Comment