Thursday 22 February 2018

OUGD603 - 27 Club - Feedback & Submission selection

Feedback was required on ideas to allow me to consider which ideas are suitable for submission. I showed my peers the ideas along with context behind each and on a whole feedback was positive, with people torn on what communicates the clubs link to Robert Johnson. Peers liked the simple typographical idea of the quote, as they believed the quote links nicely to not only the club but also the 27 club on a whole as many artists died of alcohol and drug abuse, especially Robert Johnson as died of a poisoned bottle of whiskey. My peers also liked the idea which combines black letter typography and images in one composition, but the stripped back version and not the one with the images overlayed over one full bleed image.

In terms of selecting my favourite and picking one capable of communicating the link between a club and blues legend, I struggled myself. So for the submission I deemed it necessary to submit four different ideas then allow the judges to pick the best. Being indecisive can be a problem however as its for a competition I didn't see the harm in submitting more than one. So I picked my favourite along with the ones which received the most positive feedback as this gave me an incline of what the judges may think.

No comments:

Post a Comment