Thursday 22 February 2018

OUGD603 - Photographers identity - Logotype finalisation

During our next meeting we needed to discuss the logotype, guidelines and the deliverables such as business card, promotional pack etc.

I showed Emma the simple logotype alterations along with the contextual development of Lemur which she approved of and liked due to the subtleness of it. This added contextual value swayed Emma's mind towards Lemur with her preferring this over Poppins regular. In terms of composition she wanted to keep it simple with the single baseline option. From here I wanted to make a few more changes to the typeface such as tracking to make it more compact and slightly increasing the stroke width. Although, Emma specified she preferred a lighter family typeface I felt the logotype did need a bit more prominence as it may seem subdued when accompanied with body copy. I increased the stroke width by 1pt and decreased the tracking to achieve a more notable logotype.



























Emma was pleased with the final changes and agreed with increasing the stroke width slightly as I explained the visual impact may deter if its too thin. I wanted to test the logo to see how it'd work in particular situations and its worked rather well across both print and digital.


































When experimenting with the chosen typeface of Lemur it was trial version from TIGHTYPE. Therefore, Lemur light had to be purchased with myself and Emma both agreeing to split the cost as I would store the otf desktop file on my macbook while it'd used across her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment