Wednesday 28 February 2018

OUGD603 - Photographers identity - Meeting

Myself and Emma organised a meeting to discuss progress so far which included the business and post cards. Also I let Emma know that I wanted to set up a dropbox for images, collect information for the creative CV and briefly discuss a website and domain during this meeting.

First thing to run past was Emma selecting her favourite options for business and post cards from the selection I designed. She preferred the simple options which were either left aligned or justified. One piece of feedback which narrowed down the options was Emma stating do not put 'photographer' on business card. This is because if Emma applied for a studio assistant job, she may come across cocky so this feedback was very helpful. Emma also felt she couldn't make a decision by judging the designs on screen, so she selected her favourite and I printed them to scale for testing.






























From the selection of test prints Emma chose the simple left aligned option of information situated in the left hand corner of the card.




























Emma preferred to stay away from a typical looking postcard with lines so opted for a simple option.


















Collecting images and creative cv information was a crucial part of the meeting as I felt I couldn't move forward unless I had the suitable content for deliverables, so I made sure to collect both from Emma.

For the discussion of the website I wanted to introduce Emma to using Cargo Collective for her hosting site. I did this for a number of reasons as I know how to work the site already, but its a great option for Emma to be able to maintain her site once I hand over the final design template. I showed examples of the site in use and discussed the costs of the site such as hosting and domain, with Emma agreeing to use this option. The final thing to run past in this meeting was choosing a suitable domain for Emma, as 'emmacheng.com' was taken we both felt the next best option was 'emmachengphoto' which happened to be available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment