Thursday 22 February 2018

OUGD603 - 27 Club - Ideas

The visual ideas I generated are influenced by a number of factors discovered in research but all aim to celebrate a club named after Blues legend Robert Johnson. 

Some ideas focus on the unique lemon shaped drink tokens of the club as I believe these objects are bespoke to the club. Additionally, I like the quote on the back on the tokens  so I used it in some ideas. The quote reads "Alcohol and nicotine takes out half of humanity, but the other half dies off without Schnapps and a smoke." I believe this quote has subtle links to the 27 club and toll of alcohol etc on an artists life. So on, the quote communicates the clubs quirky dark side, similar to Robert Johnson and personally I think the lemon has a sinister look to it. 

The typography that features in the ideas is of various assortment but all justified in relation to the ideas. Some include german inspired black letter typography to highlight the location and culture of the club. While in one idea I use Landnáma by Or Type which is used by the club for their logotype. For other ideas I selected a modern sans similar to the one used in listings posters, as I also mimic the layout of listings posters in one particular idea to give context to the club. 

Communicating the location of the club was something I wanted to focus on as in the brief it states to find a hidden gem. By including the address of the club in some ideas, it informs the viewer of the club straight away without any ambiguity. Imagery is used to showcase the location and community of Robert Johnson more literally. Then for colour selection I used the already existing colours used by the club which is bold primary colours such as the yellow, blue and red. 











No comments:

Post a Comment