Friday 23 February 2018

OUGD603 - 27 Club - Final, rationale and submission

For submission I selected the ideas (seen below) which I believe best communicates the link between Robert Johnson (singer) and Robert Johnson (club). Each idea varies but represents a different aspect of the relationship between singer, nightclub and the 27 Club.




























A short rationale is required for submission explaining the artwork. For my rationale I wanted something to represent the ideas on a whole so I focused on the core link between the two.

My response focuses on a legendary German nightclub which is named after the infamous dapper-dressed bluesman, Robert Johnson. Whose hedonistic ways and satanic pact made him the father of rock 'n' roll's long relationship with the dark side, Robert Johnson the club has plenty of that self-same ribald attitude. Each of my responses explore the visual culture of Robert Johnson, whether that be through black letter typography, location or the unique lemon shaped drink tokens which you can find in the club.

I submitted the physical pieces of work on the 23rd February as I was unable to hand in the following week due to my internship outside of Leeds. However, by handing in on the 23rd I was able to complete the brief in two days as planned.































No comments:

Post a Comment