Thursday 16 March 2017

OUGD503 - Studio brief 02 - Type layout experimentation

One of my set roles before the next meeting was to experiment with Noto and layout composition, at this stage it was just getting ideas up on a art board so we knew what kind of style we'd like to produce. As myself and Ben are the graphic designers we both experimented and throughout gave each other feedback but we knew nothing could be too developed as we were awaiting Joe's final illustration.
















For my experiments I tried out bilingual design, with the use of both English and Arabic in the designs. With Arabic being one of biggest languages spoken in Paris , I used Google early access fonts to download the Noto Arabic font and from there I just played with layout and the unique qualities of both languages, in the third idea I aim to show how you read Arabic from right to left. Below is 'Parisian' in both English and Arabic, with the 'P' and 'N' in Arabic.




No comments:

Post a Comment