Saturday 18 March 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 01 - Feedback

I required feedback on my research to allow me to pick an event to celebrate as a part of the Leeds public spaces exhibition. I showed my peers all my current findings on the three possible events to celebrate and the feedback on all them was encouraging, but again it was clear which idea was the most popular among peers and tutors. The Hyde Park Picture House idea provided the most enthusiasm for potential, but the feedback this time around was more focused on my research about the social and cultural benefits of the event space. I informed my peers about the events surrounding the cinema and how these have benefited the people of Leeds, and my peers believed that the cinema has a number of events that have had more of an impact than say the Leeds United idea.

When talking through the ideas with my tutors they believed the Hyde Park Picture House idea could potentially inform the traditional printing of the poster, more than say the leeds united and grand depart ideas could. From my current research so far it was clear that the Hyde Park Picture House has more research behind it as I looked into a number of events surrounding the famous institute. And the opportunity for the idea to exist outside of university was another positive aspect of the idea that people liked, therefore from positive feedback and personal preference I decide to pick Hyde Park Picture House as the event space I'd celebrate for the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment