Wednesday 8 March 2017

OUGD505 - Studio brief 01 - Feedback

For some early feedback on the brief I ran my initial ideas past Bethan who is a fellow peer and the tutors to gain an idea on which ones to further research.

In class we were grouped up to discuss our findings so far, I was paired with Bethan which was good as I don't believe Ive ever undertaken a peer feedback discussion with Bethan before. I ran all my ideas past her and explaining what I had found so far, delving into the potential of further research for each one. Her personal favoruite was the Hyde Park Picture House idea as she could relate to the institute as its such a big part of student life in Hyde Park. I explained to her how the idea has a number of avenues in which I could possibly celebrate such as the opening, first film or films shown during WW1. During the crit with Bethan I realised the potential for this idea to exist outside of uni as I could contact the cinema to potentially sell the print as Ive noticed they sell A3 prints inside the building and online. The other ideas were well received but Bethan believed maybe only a few actually benefited the people of Leeds, such Hyde Park Picture House, Nelson Mandela visit to Leeds and Tour De France 2014. Overall the feedback from Bethan was extremely beneficial as it allowed me for the first time to think about further research and possibly selecting three to take further.

I talked about the ideas to two tutors and same Bethan they were really enthusiastic about the Hyde Park Picture House idea. I informed them of what I learnt so far such as the first film, the opening day and the council saving the cinema in 198 and from there they suggested to further research this option. I wanted some feedback on the Leeds United idea from an actual Leeds United fan so I asked Simon Harrison what he thought of potentially celebrating that famous European campaign. Simon gave me some valuable potential research such as Elland Road actually being a public space and how Leeds as a city was at its peak during the 2000/2001 Champions league campaign. This was interesting as I could see how potentially the football being played at Elland Road was affecting the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment