Wednesday 27 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 03

At this stage everyone in the group started producing work relating to their roles. The first stage I took for producing the video was looking at other videos that inspired my idea for the video. My  initial aim for the video was to have fast paced type provoking a response about money then have imagery relating to wall street and money behind it.



















Above is screenshots from Madebyalphabets showreel which in drawn inspiration from, the bold use of colour and type is playful and keep you engaged throughout the video. The words used by Alphabet represent what they are, which is similar to what the words used in the video representing  money. Alphabets video communicates the studio in a good light, showing how diverse they are, I was hoping to achieve this for the exhibition video.


















The latest Paypal advert inspired me because it asks the question of what money is but also relates to studio brief 02 about the future of money. The video is fast paced like the Alphabet video, this is key to keeping the viewer engaged.


























I collected videos of wall street imagery, using films such as the wolf of wall street, wall street, american psycho and the big short. I closely watched each one making notes at the time of individual clips I could use, so I'd know when to cut the video in editing. I started making notes about the potential words to use in the video, I knew I'd need hundreds of words for this video to be effective as the frame rate had to be certain speed for it to work in a fast pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment