Tuesday 26 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 04
Feedback



























For feedback I asked three questions, the first being possible names for the guidebook? I asked this question because I wanted the target audience to inform the name choice and with my peers being the current freshers, It was a perfect opportunity to find a name. The replies were as follows:
- After Dark
- Night - Life
- Anything but Pryzm
- The only places you need to know about in Leeds

All the responses were valuable, I liked After Dark but I know this is a house music event in Manchester so I didn't want the guidebook to have possible links with this. Night - Life is a simple but effective name, It made me consider how the content could be separated into different sections, one for night and the other for life. Anything but Pryzm stood out the most because its playful but its relevance to the set brief, the reason I decided to create a guidebook is because If i'd known about certain clubs such as Pryzm in freshers, then i'd have saved myself the horror of Pryzm.

The second question asking about the colour palette as I didn't include any colour in the developments. The feedback was mixed as some people liked how the book remained black and white throughout but then people wanted to see more colour. One peer suggested I added a colour system that represented each club and I believe this was the best solution to the problem.

The last question was 'As a fresher what else would you want to see in the book?' The common reply was to include prices but most clubs / events have varied prices depending on the night etc so I think this information would be invaluable and not very trustworthy.

Overall I was very happy with this feedback session as it provided me with a title and indicated a few changes I needed to make to the guidebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment