Tuesday 12 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 04 - Reflective Practice - Speaking From Experience

Studio Brief

Produce a graphic response / graphic product / piece of work that makes a statement, comment, observation or give advice about my experience on my first year of this course. I can work with any appropriate media or format, the content will be entertaining, advisory or informative.

Background / Considerations

To think about the new experiences that I have had, the difficulties that I have overcome and the new people I have met and the life skills I have acquired this year. To remember what it was like starting your first week, how did I feel and what emotions did you experience? Excitement, trepidation, fear or did I feel overwhelmed. I might have benefited from some advice, opinions and insight from others that have experienced the same transition. What might I say, do or give to next years graphic design students to make the transition into the student experience, particularly this course more welcoming? 

Mandatory Requirements

- Use the blank template to define my own aims, outcomes and processes
- Take advantage of the processes and facilities you have been introduced to throughout level 04
- The content of my final resolution should be appropriate to level 04 freshers but also showcase the    facilities and resources available 


Deliverables

- Design development sheets, support work and notebooks
- Resolved design solutions in a format and media appropriate to my ideas
- Rationale and evaluation

Interpretation of the brief

My first interpretation is that this brief is a personal and professional related brief that makes me reflective on the year, but I also believe my final resolution will be influenced by what path I want to focus more on in the second year.

Personal Aims

I'd like to pick a subject matter that effected me being a fresher but something I'm generally interested in, I think this will motivate me more for this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment