Tuesday 26 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 04
Development

In development I started to add the content and the illustrations to the layout in Indesign. The text is in a right rag because it is easily set but also it is more informal and normally the reader doesn't even notice the alignment which benefits the illustrations be more prominent on each page. I decided to pick Akzidenz Grotesk for the typeface because for its small x-height and for it being appealing for continuos text. For the titles such as 'CLUB NAME' and 'CAPACITY' I've set the type in regular 12pt uppercase to signify importance but having the clubs actual name below in medium 16pt lowercase to  highlight the name first, the eye is drawn to the bolder type, the informative information. I used two weights (regular & medium) and two type sizes (12pt & 16pt) for the book to keep consistency and to help single out information. The white space above each illustration helps the club images be more engaging I believe, if type was too close I don't think it would have same feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment