Friday 1 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 02
Concept ideas

Following some limited research into Japan, I felt this was the time to consider concepts for the currency then continue to research into what will influence my designs. What I gathered from initial research into Japanese currency is that it is reluctant to look to future of money, banknotes remain the common use of money instead of contactless or even credit / debit cards. Portraits and imagery pay homage to traditional Japanese cultural icons and landscapes instead of looking to the future. The Japanese pride themselves on tradition but as I researched into Japanese graphic design they mix tradition with modernity in design, so the inclusion of modern japan in banknotes was my aim. For concepts I highlighted Japan's main finical incomes to influence the designs, so people are educated on what actually funds the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment