Friday 29 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 02
Development

I selected a few rough sketches to develop more, I decided to push the robot ideas further in development but also combined other ideas. The idea of mixing traditional and modern was the aim but too achieve this in a playful sense.





















I created these illustrations in illustrator based on asimo the robot, In development I found a style that my peers called Japanese comic like. I feel these designs were also contemporary and simple, unlike a banknote.


























The design above is the final development of the banknote, the yellow lines resemble the Japanese rivers found in tradtional designs but these rivers are simplified and made bolder with a yellow colour. Nipponginko which translates to bank of japan is spread across the note in helvetica. The illustrations of asimo show the manufacturing process of the robots and industry in japan. The text says that robotics contribute 15 billion to the Japanese economy so it remains educational. The denomination is a 1000 yen because it is the most common.

No comments:

Post a Comment