Saturday 9 April 2016

OUGD406
Studio Brief 02
Feedback

In crit groups we presented our initial concepts for the banknote designs, firstly I introduced the nation I picked and presented some research about the current banknote and the history behind it. I then went onto talk about my possible concepts including the banknote being used a educational tool to inform people about Japans main industries such as automobiles and robotics. On how I could retain the tradtional Japanese style but include modern aspects, when I mentioned including automobiles and robotics, it received positive feedback but one comment was useful as one of my peers mentioned that focusing too much on one robot such as Asimo could be seen as advertising for Honda and not relevant to Japan as a whole, so I took this on board and thought stereotypical illustrations and imagery would work better for automobiles and robotics. In the crit group I mentioned that I wanted to bring certain tractional aspects of Japan into my designs such as landscapes, and I was asked ways in which I could mix traditional with modern Japan, then I had the idea of having origami folded banknotes that fold into cars, relating to Japans large automobile industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment